15 Second Savings Bond Lesson - Purchasing Bonds
Posted on August 22, 2017
What You Need To Know About Purchasing Savings Bonds In 15 Seconds From SavingsBonds.com
- As of January 2012, only electronic Series EE and Series I Savings Bonds are available for purchase.
- You can no longer purchase paper bonds at a bank.
- The only way to obtain paper Savings Bonds is via a Federal Income Tax Refund. You can purchase up to $5,000 in paper Series I Bonds annually with your tax refund.
- The minimum savings bond purchase is $25, the maximum purchase is $10,000.
- In a single calendar year you can purchase up to $10,000 in electronic Series EE bonds, up to $10,000 in electronic Series I bonds, AND $5,000 in paper Series I Bonds.
SavingsBonds.coms complimentary calculator provides cash in values, interest rates and a personalized, printable, color-coded, Savings Bond Inventory Report along with a What This Means To You explanation. For ongoing savings bond management & updated bond values via unique monthly e-Bond Statements, try a free 14-day trial of the SavingsBonds.com VIP Membership which includes a helpful Cash-In-Report.©
By Jackie Brahney, Marketing Director, SavingsBonds.com, email@example.com.